you know, e, we can get this to over 30 just between the two of us! we're already half-way there. what would YOUR gift-wrapped guy have said to you had you been lucky enuf to be an audience member at that show?
dennis: (to friend)-but wait. there's more- she's spasmodically repetitious friend: what's that? dennis: it just means that she can speak her mind friend: sounds good. what does she look like? dennis: she has either red hair or red hair. Maybe it is off-red. friend: hmm, sounds interesting... maybe she could invite me over for dinner.
that's cool, because I wasn't really saying that I could set you up, but that I have a friend who could, vis a vis this person (my friend) knows you already and could perhaps do this in my place.
well, I am not aware of your past history of bombing, so perhaps I'll keep my potential assistance out of the "blast zone." Would you prefer tickets to Oprah?
well, after all, there was that huge buildup on your blog; he has to be feeling a little pressure, don't you think? And what normal humble guy out there really wants that much attention?
well, you don't have to call me dr. It's so, well, formal. even if dennis is my first name. but certainly- it will be december- you'll still be there, right?
very interesting word- punctilious is a new word for me- can one be punctilious in certain areas while being less-refined in others? Such as being punctilious in matters of business protocol while being a bit foot-loose and carefree when away from the job?
One entry found for nomad.
Main Entry: no·mad
Pronunciation: 'nO-"mad, British also 'nä-
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin nomad-, nomas member of a wandering pastoral people, from Greek, from nemein
1 : a member of a people who have no fixed residence but move from place to place usually seasonally and within a well-defined territory
2 : an individual who roams about aimlessly
- nomad adjective
- no·mad·ism /'nO-"ma-"di-z&m/ noun
20 Comments:
Dangit! Why was I not informed of this? I have several good, single guy friends with skills who could have been given away. GOSH!
By
The Doctor, at 6:34 AM
Well, I don't know if they have numchucks skillz, but they do have sweet bikes. Maybe they could build a nice cake, or someting.
By
The Doctor, at 7:21 AM
e: check out other articles on theonion.com and let me know what happens. :)
By
Nomad, at 8:16 AM
:) i love silliness. it's truly the thing in life.
By
Nomad, at 8:37 AM
our spoofy comments are getting confusing! :).
By
Nomad, at 8:59 AM
you know, e, we can get this to over 30 just between the two of us! we're already half-way there. what would YOUR gift-wrapped guy have said to you had you been lucky enuf to be an audience member at that show?
By
Nomad, at 9:43 AM
I think I know someone who can arrange that... he's got skillz.
By
The Doctor, at 1:56 PM
dennis: (to friend)-but wait. there's more- she's spasmodically repetitious
friend: what's that?
dennis: it just means that she can speak her mind
friend: sounds good. what does she look like?
dennis: she has either red hair or red hair. Maybe it is off-red.
friend: hmm, sounds interesting...
maybe she could invite me over for dinner.
By
The Doctor, at 2:16 PM
that's cool, because I wasn't really saying that I could set you up, but that I have a friend who could, vis a vis this person (my friend) knows you already and could perhaps do this in my place.
By
The Doctor, at 2:37 PM
In place of me doing it, not necessarily in my place (that location in which I live), as that is kind of unclear (where I live, I mean).
By
The Doctor, at 2:38 PM
hehehehehehe...
By
The Doctor, at 2:50 PM
well, I am not aware of your past history of bombing, so perhaps I'll keep my potential assistance out of the "blast zone."
Would you prefer tickets to Oprah?
By
The Doctor, at 2:52 PM
I'm not bored. I just don't have anything else that I have to do right now.
By
The Doctor, at 2:59 PM
did you "re-invite" him?
He is really good about matters of decorum and societal etiquette. Whereas I am not a good speller...
By
The Doctor, at 3:11 PM
and of course I'm coming- I just need to know when that will be. My laptop is already warm...
By
The Doctor, at 3:12 PM
well, after all, there was that huge buildup on your blog; he has to be feeling a little pressure, don't you think? And what normal humble guy out there really wants that much attention?
By
The Doctor, at 3:19 PM
well, you don't have to call me dr. It's so, well, formal. even if dennis is my first name.
but certainly- it will be december- you'll still be there, right?
By
The Doctor, at 3:21 PM
hey, dennis, do you know what punctilious means? it's different from punctual. mikehon is very punctilious, or so it would seem.
By
ELS Houston, at 4:02 PM
very interesting word- punctilious is a new word for me- can one be punctilious in certain areas while being less-refined in others? Such as being punctilious in matters of business protocol while being a bit foot-loose and carefree when away from the job?
By
The Doctor, at 7:14 AM
yes, e. it's always not-bye. :) thank you for reviving that beautiful word.
By
Nomad, at 8:30 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home