Rita and Me
I think I might be staying here in Houston. Since early this morning, my car has been packed with my photos, old journals, some poems I wrote on old tablets, school work, and a few other essentials. The red light for me has been the highways leaving Houston ~ they are absolutely not an option at this point. They are packed and slow-moving, if moving at all. People are running out of gas. The gas stations are either closed or out of gas themselves.
The sweet and good news: I just met some very good and nice people at Cafe Artiste and they asked me to stay at their house as a guest during the storm. They told me that at this point, it is much safer to stay in Houston than to leave it. It's strange emotionally because I wanted to stay, but I planned to leave. For real. Now I might be staying because I might not have a choice.
The details of my new friends' offer bless my mind with an awe of God's moving hand in my daily life. The house is very strong and it's close to Lamar High School. That means that it's easy to get to and I get to stay in the general area that has been a big part of my life for a long time. Also, this couple and I have mutual friends. The cool thing is that he offered his house to me before we figured any of that out. It's pretty amazing how things work out. There are so many good people out there. :)
Blessings to all. I'm thinking about 'all and I definitely love each one of you.
The sweet and good news: I just met some very good and nice people at Cafe Artiste and they asked me to stay at their house as a guest during the storm. They told me that at this point, it is much safer to stay in Houston than to leave it. It's strange emotionally because I wanted to stay, but I planned to leave. For real. Now I might be staying because I might not have a choice.
The details of my new friends' offer bless my mind with an awe of God's moving hand in my daily life. The house is very strong and it's close to Lamar High School. That means that it's easy to get to and I get to stay in the general area that has been a big part of my life for a long time. Also, this couple and I have mutual friends. The cool thing is that he offered his house to me before we figured any of that out. It's pretty amazing how things work out. There are so many good people out there. :)
Blessings to all. I'm thinking about 'all and I definitely love each one of you.

2 Comments:
Oh, Diannah, my ever sentimental friend. I love how your essentials are photos, journals and poems! Well, my darling, keep safe and keep us posted. I will be in microbiology lab tomorrow all day (yipee!!!) with you on my mind! Richmond and Seattle are thinking of you!
JK
By
Anonymous, at 5:22 PM
Jill, you're so sweet! Thank you for your good wishes and thoughts. Please tell the girls hello and, of course, punch John hard in the arm for me. I love y'all!
By
Nomad, at 8:32 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home