12-29-02, Sunday
Floating, tossing, turning on this
sea of confusion
feeling myself getting
swallowed up
then spouted up
through the belly of
life, love, and fear
Sometimes I see the sun
feel the sun
but sometimes my eyes hurt
and the skin of my soul burns
and I hide
back in the belly’s darkness
afraid to give up its safety
of not being able to see
so that I won’t have to
see
and won’t have to give away
that which I think is
what I need
Untuck my blanket of darkness, Father
and lift me up from
this bed of slavery.
I need to fly
in Your air and be blown
by Your breath in and all
around me.
sea of confusion
feeling myself getting
swallowed up
then spouted up
through the belly of
life, love, and fear
Sometimes I see the sun
feel the sun
but sometimes my eyes hurt
and the skin of my soul burns
and I hide
back in the belly’s darkness
afraid to give up its safety
of not being able to see
so that I won’t have to
see
and won’t have to give away
that which I think is
what I need
Untuck my blanket of darkness, Father
and lift me up from
this bed of slavery.
I need to fly
in Your air and be blown
by Your breath in and all
around me.

3 Comments:
You knew me when, E. Thanks for being such a patient, compassionate, loving friend during the most confusing, utterly painful, scary, and heartbreaking time of my life.
By
Nomad, at 9:39 AM
e's are for *e*levating the hearts of others.
By
Nomad, at 9:45 AM
i can finally say no regrets, too, e. god was sweet, so merciful, to bring me here.
By
Nomad, at 10:40 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home