i wanna be a nomad...

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Yes. I know. So TODAY is my mom's birthday. :) And there is still one more to go.

My mom: Hard worker. Provider. Surprise disco dancer. Little girl wrapped up in the self-given responsibilities of being a mom, business owner, oldest sister in her big family, and first member of her family to come here from Vietnam. One who wants to make-up for lost time because she has worked most of the waking hours of her life. Stray and wild animal lover (for those of you who know the dog in the back of the her shop story! ie. Dovie and Mike). Feral cat magnet (She feeds at least 10 of them every night. Where will they get their food when she closes her shop in January?). Conservative with her money chic. Goes crazy when things are on sale chic. Barbeque lover. Amazing cook. One who was Americanized by Seinfeld. Really. No double-dippng, thank you.

I love my mom, but I am not good at letting her know that. My heart has been hurting lately because of it. I think she wants her children's love and affection more than anything.

1 Comments:

  • And fun. So who's left? Jesus and Charlie (my stepfather)... :)

    By Blogger Nomad, at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home