Happy Birthday, Dad!
I have a funny dad. He's quirky, goofy, playful, and loving. He loves to learn. He enjoys people like crazy. He has also spent a lot of time with me. I have always been in his "club". Since I was little, he has taken me along to his donut shops and many other hang-outs. He has introduced me to the world with its history and as if it was a brand new place at the same time. I have a great dad. His birthday was yesterday. He had a very hard day because he slipped on some ice and totally hurt his hand. The pain got worse and his hand got increasingly more swollen as he continued his shift (he's a truck driver). But he kept working because nobody else could have finished his job. I felt mad at him for putting himself aside like that, but I also felt proud to know that he is so wired to be so loyal to the ones who are depending on him. Whataman (like Whataburger). :)
Fun times: I get to see my dad soon. I arrived in NYC last night and we will be taking the train to Philly, where he lives, for Christmas weekend. :) Here are some predictable things that will happen while we are with him: Karaoke in his living room, donut shop at least one time, Melrose Diner in South Philly, driving around downtown, Marra's pizza (maybe), driving in circles trying to find the best parking spot, passing many great parking spots along the way because he wasn't paying attention, and Tom Jones (restaurant) with my Uncle George (I'm going to eat the silver plate special for Dudley and Micahl).
Fun times: I get to see my dad soon. I arrived in NYC last night and we will be taking the train to Philly, where he lives, for Christmas weekend. :) Here are some predictable things that will happen while we are with him: Karaoke in his living room, donut shop at least one time, Melrose Diner in South Philly, driving around downtown, Marra's pizza (maybe), driving in circles trying to find the best parking spot, passing many great parking spots along the way because he wasn't paying attention, and Tom Jones (restaurant) with my Uncle George (I'm going to eat the silver plate special for Dudley and Micahl).

2 Comments:
That sounds fun. I saw Philly from the train last week. It was beautiful. I know you'll have fun.
Merry Christmas!
By
The Doctor, at 11:23 AM
Thanks, Dennis. :) Philly will be great. I was very happy to see that you were just here in NYC. I love this city so incredibly much. It feels very natural and easy to be here. It's definitely my second home and with that there is sweetness. Merry Christmas to you, too. :)
By
Nomad, at 9:14 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home