i wanna be a nomad...

Monday, September 05, 2005

I've been at the George R.

The George R. Brown rocks. The people of New Orleans have such a peaceful, protected, and wonderful temporary home there and so many of them have expressed deep gratitude for everything that everybody is doing to help them and make them as comfortable as possible. This guy named Ronnie, who was stuck at the Convention Center in New Orleans until Friday, said, "This is heaven." He also said that his first night at the George R. was the first night of real deep sleep that he had gotten since the beginning of it all. There's so much more that Ronnie said, and I will share that at a later time.

For now, here's a quote that I found a couple of weeks ago at an art showing:

"A man who possesses a veneration of life will not simply say his prayers. He will throw himself into the battle to preserve life, if for no other reason than that he is himself an extension of the life around him." - Albert Schweitzer

Much love to ALL of the people in the world... we are an extension of each other. And to the people who are calling the George R. your home for now~ I feel blessed that I get to see you rest and hear you breathe as you sleep. I feel blessed that I get to spend time with you while you are awake. I feel blessed that I get to eat with you. I feel blessed that I get to see you find your family and friends from whom you have been parted by what Ronnie calls "the two category fives."

Peace. Love. Blessings. Hope.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks, Trey. :) I would love that so much. Actually, maybe I can work at one in Africa. That would be incredible.

    By Blogger Nomad, at 9:34 AM  

  • I don't think Africa would be overrated to me... especially places like Sudan or that huge desert up there on the nofside of the continent. I know you agree with me.

    By Blogger Nomad, at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home