New Orleans
Visit me New Orleans
Your beautiful skin
Wild soul eyes
Our time again together
has come by surprise
You never stopped dancing
mysteriously in my heart
since the first time I went to you
all this time we've been apart
And now you are near again.
And I am there again.
But I am here.
And you are not there.
I can feel the warmth of your skin
next to my face.
My eardrums are vibrating
to
the
beat
of
your
heart.
This intimacy between
you and me is
cherished.
protected.
held.
And you are beautiful to me.
Rest sweet New Orleans. Sleep sweetly. Gather your strength again. Let's take care of each other now.
(I got to write this poem at the George R. Brown at 5 a.m./Sunday morning in the big area where everybody was sleeping. It was the second evening of shelter there. I was just about to leave to go home, but I couldn't until I poured out what had been going on inside of me.)
Your beautiful skin
Wild soul eyes
Our time again together
has come by surprise
You never stopped dancing
mysteriously in my heart
since the first time I went to you
all this time we've been apart
And now you are near again.
And I am there again.
But I am here.
And you are not there.
I can feel the warmth of your skin
next to my face.
My eardrums are vibrating
to
the
beat
of
your
heart.
This intimacy between
you and me is
cherished.
protected.
held.
And you are beautiful to me.
Rest sweet New Orleans. Sleep sweetly. Gather your strength again. Let's take care of each other now.
(I got to write this poem at the George R. Brown at 5 a.m./Sunday morning in the big area where everybody was sleeping. It was the second evening of shelter there. I was just about to leave to go home, but I couldn't until I poured out what had been going on inside of me.)

3 Comments:
I learned something from your blog. Here's a blog on life insurance that taught me something I never knew about it.
By
Anonymous, at 5:52 PM
Funny, E. I want to delete the spam like I usually do, but then I would be taking away the context of your sweet and "so-you" comment. Can't do it. Thanks. :)
By
Nomad, at 1:11 PM
I learned something from your blog. Here's a blog on how small Mt. Ranier is--something I alwasys knew but was too afraid to admit it.
By
Anonymous, at 12:31 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home