i wanna be a nomad...

Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Cold Feet

My feet pretty much don't ever get cold. I can wear flip-flops in December.

Well, maybe my feet *sometimes* get cold... like when I'm about to go out on a first date... when I'm about to speak in front of an audience made up of people who are taller than 4 feet... and when I'm about to do something else that is absolutely scary.

I got cold feet two days ago.

There are some difficult situations that I can avoid all together. There are some uncomfortable and scary things that I just have to face. Sakes. Those things that fit in the latter category can really EAT MY LUNCH. ick.

I don't like it when my lunch has been eaten by *ick*, so....

I've been working on being more brave in life. Being strong and having freedom from fear are important things to me. Sometimes (and sometimes a lot of the time), I still get knocked off my feet. It's really embarrassing. However, thanks to one of my dear friends who shows me how to see creation (which includes me, my weaknesses, and my dear struggles) in completely new ways, I can see how being WRESTLED down to the GROUND (dirt in mouth and nostrils and all) is beautiful and quite necessary...

6 Comments:

  • it seems you also know how to tell a story without much detail, so that we don't know what gave you cold feet.
    well, be brave, keep your chin up, and don't wear a skirt when you might get knocked over!

    By Blogger The Doctor, at 11:56 AM  

  • I wonder if you've read the story of Jacob lately - his being wrestled to the ground got him a new name.
    ...hmmmm......

    By Blogger Laura, at 1:01 PM  

  • please wear socks on ur smelly feet. . .then u wont be cold

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 PM  

  • What if I'm wearing polka-dotted underwear, Dennis? Wouldn't it be okay, then? Thanks for propping my chin up, by the way. :) You are a great friend.

    Laura: Jacob got a new name? Hmmm.... New name.... Whoa. I feel like I know what it is! Kutcher. Diana Kutcher. Or is it the name LeBon that I am hearing???

    Trey - My feet smell like roses.

    By Blogger Nomad, at 8:57 AM  

  • Polka-dots might be ok...

    By Blogger The Doctor, at 3:10 PM  

  • you can never go wrong with polka-dots.

    You could be Diana Everett and have monkey children. (yuck)

    By Blogger Michelle, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home