Misery
It's surprising how it loves company.
Yesterday was maybe the worst day of the year for me. It was full of challenges that I did not see coming. Pangaea broke-up all over again and I didn't like it.
I found out just a little bit ago how terrible of a day it was for almost everybody else in my building. I think I was comforted and relieved by the news of our common experience. I don't want others to have bad days at all, but a shared experience - whether delightful or distressful - draws me closer to others AND it gives me a wider perspective. Open eyes. I get freed from the heaviness of hard times when I know that I was not alone and that others understand what happened.
It rained late last night. I did not see it coming. Suddenly, I heard the strong winds violently shake the trees. The water fell down hard onto the surfaces of everything.
Yesterday was maybe the worst day of the year for me. It was full of challenges that I did not see coming. Pangaea broke-up all over again and I didn't like it.
I found out just a little bit ago how terrible of a day it was for almost everybody else in my building. I think I was comforted and relieved by the news of our common experience. I don't want others to have bad days at all, but a shared experience - whether delightful or distressful - draws me closer to others AND it gives me a wider perspective. Open eyes. I get freed from the heaviness of hard times when I know that I was not alone and that others understand what happened.
It rained late last night. I did not see it coming. Suddenly, I heard the strong winds violently shake the trees. The water fell down hard onto the surfaces of everything.

2 Comments:
and delicate flowers...that you never imagined could take such violence...or survive such a beating...stretch their limbs out to the sunshine the morning after the rain...more of everything they were before.
By
Anonymous, at 6:55 AM
more because of the rain...
By
Nomad, at 7:30 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home